[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Fri Jul 6 10:22:10 EDT 2007

Hello,

EURALO should get started and there are several things that need
clarification in order to get started. To name just a few:

1 EURALO board:
* We need to elect chairs
* We need to clarify the role of the board (is it of a more coordinative
nature or is its role an initializing one?)

2 Work plan
* We need to discuss what issues we want to adress in the coming months
and we need to agree on what our priorities are. I guess we all agree
that we won't be able to cover all the topics ICANN is dealing with. We
need to be selective, and it would be good to have a discussion on this
list on what matters to us and why.
**

3 Board meeting
* The Euralo Board should meet after (or during?) the summer break.
Where and when? In combination with another meeting? Two possibilities
come to mind:
** We could meet in Geneva on the first weekend in September preceding
the next open consultation of the IGF.
** We could meet in mid October in Warsaw at Wolfgang's
Studienkreismeeting (Oct. 10/11).

What do people think?

Best, Jeanette and Wolf