[EURO-Discuss] New Website for At-Large

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Thu Jul 5 06:38:31 EDT 2007

Dear All:

Attached you will find the functional specification for the new
www.atlarge.icann.org which is being built.

This will be a quantum leap forward for At-Large. It incorporates
dynamic content - from blogs of members of the community, two-way
links between the forums and the mailing lists, fully-imbedded
multilingual support, and the ability to seamlessly link the wiki
environments into the website - amongst many other features. It will
also include 'single-sign-on' functionality, allowing you to login
with one userid and password and access the membership system being
built in CiviCRM, as well as special content based upon what position
or region you belong to in the At-Large community website.

Much of the content from www.alac.icann.org will be migrated to the
new site, as well as content in the current wiki environments for
meetings and documents; we can also bring over historical information
which is wanted from www.icannalac.org before updates to that site
effectively ceased in December 2006.

There should be a preview of the site available in the next few
weeks. In completing the site we'll look for input from the
community. I hope that you are as excited as I am about what this
site will mean to the community - we're once again leading the way in
online environments within the ICANN family.
--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Director, At-Large