[EURO-Discuss] [Fwd: [alac] Draft FINAL Task Force Report on Whois Services]

Annette Muehlberg annette.muehlberg at web.de
Tue Jan 23 05:01:07 EST 2007

FYI
*From:* owner-gnso-dow123 at icann.org [mailto:owner-gnso-dow123 at icann.org]
*On Behalf Of *Maria Farrell
*Sent:* Friday, January 19, 2007 8:15 AM
*To:* gnso-dow123 at gnso.icann.org
*Subject:* [gnso-dow123] Draft FINAL Task Force Report on Whois Services

Dear Task Force members,

Attached is the draft FINAL Task Force Report on Whois Services ahead of
the next Task Force call, on Monday 22nd January.

It includes the constituency statements, a summary of the public
comments, the two recent proposals submitted to the task force (Avri
Doria/Robin Gross/Wendy Seltzer's and also Marilyn Cade's), and a blank
section on the task force's recommendations underneath each term of
reference.

One constituency statement is not part of the report as it was submitted
as a pdf. I've attached it to this email, and will incorporate it into
the Task Force report as soon as I get a text version.

Also, I'd like to draw your attention to two suggestions made in the BC
statement for edits to the report itself. If the task force thinks these
are reasonable, I will make these changes after Monday's meeting.

Best regards, Maria

*A.* A brief summary of the various processes and events undertaken by
the TF, including participation in workshops, outreach via conference
calls to external parties, etc. should be added to the Background
section, under a suitable heading describing the work processes of the TF.

*B.* Full wording of the GNSO Council resolutions should be added as
appendices and links to the resolutions be inserted into the Background
section of the Final Task Force Report. This will provide a fuller
record when the Final report is considered by the GNSO Council, and
eventually, the ICANN Board. The relevant resolutions are 20060720-02
and 20060720-03 and can be found at www.gnso.icann.org/resolutions
<http://www.gnso.icann.org/resolutions>.