[EURO-Discuss] Ping

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Dec 5 05:55:50 EST 2007

Dear Vittoria and all,

thanks for taking the initiative and it’s time to overcome the dead-lock on this list. After intensive discussions in summer among some board members in Meissen, “the inability
to hold a F2F meeting in Warsaw seems to have dampened enthusiasm and momentum”, as Bill already mentioned. But it makes no sense to dig around at historical sides ;-)

As you may have heard, I was on my way to the last ICANN meeting in LA and wanted to report to the list from there but unfortunately I was prevented to continue my trip simply for not having the right biometric passport – so I missed a good opportunity for an introduction to current ICANN affairs and a revival of the list.

One of the excellent outcomes of the LA meeting was the idea of a User’s Summit next summer in Paris – thanks to Sébastian’s discussions and outlines there. This would be a great opportunity to get EURALO involved in the preparation process. In the meantime I got several requests from interested individuals to participate in EURALO, therefore we should continue to discuss the question of individual membership.

The next urgent issue is the application of CLUSIT (ALS Application 103) because Nick needs our opinion or recommendation on it within the next days. Thanks again, Vittorio, for having supplied some helpful observations about this Italian ALS-applicant, nobody else has heard about so far.

I would like to ask the list – or at least the board members – if a phone conference would be helpful or an appropriate means to get started again knowing from several people that they are reluctant.

As Wolfgang mentioned, the next IGF Consultations in Geneva could be an opportunity for another meeting, but I think we should start our discussions right now for drafting an EURALO work agenda.

Would appreciate any further commends and proposals!

Regards,
Wolf