[EURO-Discuss] ALAC Candidates

Annette Muehlberg annette.muehlberg at web.de
Mon Apr 30 10:14:54 EDT 2007

Dear Nick, dear all,

I agree with Jeanette and would like to add, that Veronica applied
already in January and the ALAC, who discussed proposing Veronica as one
of the candidates to the ICANN Board did not get a hint that there would
be any restriction concerning non-ALS members.

Anyhow, Veronica could join any time the network new media (an
accredited european ALS) if not being an ALS member would be a serious
problem, though I do not think it is.

Instead of creating bureaucracy we should be practical: it is the same
situation as with the EURALO board - if the EURALO selects a person,
this person means something to the EURALO members and this is what
counts. It is enough that an ALS nominates a candidate, this candidate
should not be forced to join an ALS for formal reasons (this procedure
might raise the number of members of the nnm, which I very much
appreciate ;-) but it is absolutely not neccessary). As far as I know,
the NomCom is not restricted to select a person who is a member of an
ALS, the EURALO should not be so either.

Best greetings

Annette