[EURO-Discuss] ALAC Candidates

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Mon Apr 30 07:59:10 EDT 2007

I'm afraid that understanding is not correct.

In respect of the ALAC representatives, the situation is as provided
in the clause I posted in my previous email - all ALAC representatives
would need to be at least a member of an accredited ALS, though they
would not need to be the official representative (as in voting
representative) of an ALS.

This interpretation is as provided in the previously-quoted MoU text,
but it is also present in the Bylaws agreed, in clause 11.5.10.

I hope that makes things clearer.