[EURO-Discuss] Self nomination

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Sat Apr 7 07:10:53 EDT 2007

I think Nick is right is trying to move forward with this. So:

With this e-mail, I wish to notify the European RALO community that I am
willing to serve as a member of the At-Large Advisory Committee
representing the European region.  If chosen, I leave it up to the
consensus or election process to decide if my term would be either the
ICANN AGM 2008 or 2009.

Many of you know that I have been involved for a long time in ICANN and
other Internet related processes, ranging from the IETF to WSIS/IGF.  My
educational and professional background is in computing and networking.
Despite some suggestions to the contrary, the opinions of individual
Internet users matter a lot to me. Which is why I have been actively
involved for years in my ALS, an ISOC chapter made of only private
individuals and  SMEs.

According to the process we agreed on, all nominations should be
seconded to be taken into consideration. In the hope it would make the
process fully transparent, I have not seeked any prior support for this
nomination, or entered into any off-list arrangement. I would therefore
be very grateful if someone would support this nomination.

Best regards,

Patrick Vande Walle

--
Patrick Vande Walle