[EURO-Discuss] Lisbon Results and Follow-Up

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Thu Apr 5 13:18:21 EDT 2007

Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
> It continues to amaze me that those who had a chance to attend the
> meeting in Lisbon made the decision to exclude individual voting rights
> at least for the time being. You must have known that this decision is
> not only controversial but neither reflects the history of At Large
> membership in ICANN nor the wish of other members of EURALO who couldn't
> attend the meeting.

I think that we should have an individual membership, at least to
include those - like you - that want to participate in individual
capacity. I don't expect to have 100'000 or even 100 individual members,
but still I would like to offer this possibility.

However, the spirit in Lisbon was: as the best is enemy of the good,
let's do things one step at a time. So let's finalize the MoU and
Bylaws, start with basic operations, and discuss the rest over time.

Personally, I think that we desperately need to grow a much better
attitude in working together, tolerating our differences and trusting
each other - and this is not your or someone's fault, it is everyone's
responsibility. I am trying to do my best in proposing compromises that
I honestly think can be acceptable to all. As I said, I appreciated how
many people in Lisbon adopted that approach and I would like to see it
propagate to this mailing list.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------