[EURO-Discuss] Summary of preferences

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Mon Apr 2 12:21:36 EDT 2007

All,

here is a summary of the preferences that I have seen:

Option 1 (15 Apr) Patrick, Rudi, Dessi, Sebastien
Option 2 (22 Apr) Vittorio
Option 3 (1 May)  Annette, Wolfgang, Werner

Now before we get to further polarization of the disagreement even on
this somewhat minor issue, can we please agree on the middle ground of
option 2? So you all could be equally unhappy. By the way, if we start
to discuss nominations rather than continuing this thread, we might
discover that we actually agree on appointments well before the deadline.

Also, the problem about timing for Puerto Rico is real! Generally
speaking, and VERY IMPORTANT for anyone who wants to be in Puerto Rico:
please check immediately the requirements for entry in the US. Only
citizens from some EU countries (not all) may enter without a visa, and
only if they have a brand new electronic passport, or an optically
readable passport last renewed before October 2005. In Italy, for
example, people who got or renewed their passport between October 2005
and October 2006 cannot enter the US without a visa! I don't know about
other countries, but people from Eastern Europe, and perhaps also some
from the EU, will need a visa to go to Puerto Rico. Please check.

Thanks,
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------