[EURO-Discuss] At-Large Advisory Committee Election Results

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Dec 8 06:22:27 CST 2006

Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
> Now, this is interesting. Anybody can be nominated or run for the
> position as board liaison? If this is indeed the case, you might have
> got a long list of candidates if this had been known to more people.

Ok, one more clarification: there is absolutely no established procedure
for this, so there is no reply to your question, though, given the bit
of a mess we were in at this meeting, the ALAC wants to work on formal
and clear rules for these things in the next few months.

I would however think that nominations for these positions would have to
come from ALAC members; moreover, from a substantial point of view, the
liaison has to participate in the ALAC's work and be trusted by the
ALAC, so it should be someone who has at least some kind of connection
with the ALAC.

In practice, we didn't interpret this as a broad public election, we
interpreted this as a division of labour among ourselves, where
occasionally we might want to bring in someone from outside the
Committee when there is a good reason to do so. However, comments and
suggestions are, as usual, quite welcome.