[EURO-Discuss] At-Large Advisory Committee Election Results

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Dec 8 06:17:10 CST 2006

Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
> Congratulations to your (re-)elections!
>
> I have one question to Vittorio. If you don't run again, does that mean
> you will be the board liaison for a few months only? And if so, is this
> a good idea to exchange the board liaison so quickly?

No, ALAC liaisons are not bound to be members of the ALAC (we already
did this for Bret Fausett, who served as ALAC GNSO liaison for two years
without being a member), so my term ends in December 2007 even if I am
going not to be a member of ALAC anymore after March 2007.

By the way, the Board liaison at ICANN meetings has to follow the
Board's schedule, which very often conflicts with the ALAC schedule; so
when Roberto was both Board liaison and ALAC member, very often the ALAC
was missing a member from its meetings, with all the consequent problems
with quorums, inclusion etc. Yesterday, for example, we had to
physically go and grab Roberto from a Board meeting to allow him to cast
a vote for the ALAC positions, which he had to do without having had the
chance to follow the discussion in the earlier part of the meeting.
Given all of this, we thought that there would actually be an advantage
in having a Board liaison that, while being on ALAC lists and following
as many ALAC meetings as possible, is not an ALAC member and thus will
not create so many problems whenever having to be away.