[Euro-board] EURALO 2021 AI as suggestions for the discussion

Natalia Filina filinafilka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:58:51 UTC 2021

Dear EURALO Board,

I would like to add a few suggestions for the discussion regarding the
processes already started in EURALO which we can implement in 2021 (some of
these were mentioned in Sebastien's presentation at EURALO board call):

1*. EURALO welcome package*. We have done a lot already, I guess we should
complete the project at our level. It is important to us because it
includes important necessary  information for EURALO newcomers. Time to
time I answer the questions of our new members and always think "it would
be great to send the link to "welcome package" with a complete set of
information and even more - an historical part.

2. *I think it is important to make it mandatory to greet new members in a
friendly manner and give them the opportunity to introduce themselves*. And
we should provide the information about new members, ALSes via official
internal Euralo comms channels (Easier to give the floor our newcomers by
email, but we may use our Newsletter).

The following question - do we need to keep informed additionally our
community about changes in the EURALO composition (particularly about
departed ALSes) and may we somehow remind the members of these ALSes about
the opportunity to join us as non affiliated members.

3. *We should make the Expertise table open and more accessible* (Now it is
not open for all At-Large members and the way to it not so easy) and decide
which part of information may be available in open source for At-Large. It
allows to attract community members to fill it and use it more actively.
It is a great communication, collaboration and engagement tool.

4. The last (for today-) idea - *researching "club" within the EURALO*
/At-Large.

We know that one of the goals of the EURALO/At-Large engagement strategy is
researchers. We can work on this and in parallel we may use our internal
resource to collect, accumulate and analyze the necessary information on
ICANN topics.
The form of this EURALO research center is a working group or TF maybe.

We may build the basis for making decisions and selecting hot topics for
RALO discussions, for the adding comments to the discussed ICANN policies,
for the justifying decisions through relevant statistics, we will collect
information directly related to the prospects of the european region
(legislation, technical, geo-political, and the effect in terms of the
interests of end users).

This may become our additional and strong tool of legitimacy. And the
ability to do such research together with ALS in the field and with MOU
partners (RIPE NCC, Centr).
(This point is controversial, but I have received permission to add this
idea to the discussion).

*I kindly ask you to add your comments and opinion for each item.Thank you
in advance!*

Sincerely,
Natalia Filina

Secretary of EURALO