[Euro-board] Board elections

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 13:30:16 UTC 2019

Hi all.

Maybe I have been misunderstood. When I said that we are not in a hurry, I meant that we do not need to have a new Board in the next days, because the current one is supposed to be working.

However, since the deadline for presenting candidatures has passed, and the vote is supposed to start, there is one single thing that we, as a Board, need to do: decide whether we go on with the current slate - which means to have a crippled Board where ex-officio members will be the vast majority - or to stop the process and figure out how to proceed - maybe proposing amended or at least relaxed rules. This needs an action *NOW* by the current Board, because we cannot leave the responsibility of a decision to the Chair - non that he will not have shoulders broad enough to carry this weight, but because by doing this we show to the community the inability of this Board to operate.

This said, may I note that if we continue the election process as is, we will have an ineligible Board because we only have three candidates, two of which with the same nationality, therefore the result will be a Board of two, which is below the minimum.

Cheers,
Roberto