[Euro-board] ATLAS III Selection Committee

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Apr 13 13:45:57 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

as you know, since there are only 60 additional traveller seats in total
for ATLAS III, the ALAC will need to engage a selection process for
selection of these people. Since being a member of that committee stops
you from applying for a fellowship to travel, I would felt that it was
better that someone from our leadership group that is already funded to
go to Montréal sits on the selection committee. This means that we are
not stopping an active person from being funded to attend ATLAS III. I
emailed our EURALO ALAC and Secretariat and received a positive response
from Wale Bakare.
Wale will be tasked to be one of the 5 people on the selection committee
to make the selection of people who will travel to ATLAS III. His task
will be helped by the ability to access data pertaining to the courses
that applicants will take as well as the information supplied by each
candidate in their SOI.
I would like to thank Wale for volunteering for this thankless task.
Since time is of the essence and we need to have someone ready in this
committee by this week, and since nobody else has stepped forward, I
welcome him stepping forward and will forward his name to the ATLAS III
Leadership.
Kindest regards,

Olivier