[Euro-board] [Ext] BIKLAB, , Baie-Mahault, , Guadeloupe ALS application

Jean-Jacques Subrenat jjs at dyalog.net
Wed Mar 27 17:02:39 UTC 2019

All,

it’s worth noting that Guadeloupe, like the other French overseas ‘’départements'', is an integral part of France. A constituent territory of the European Union, as well as of the Eurozone, its official currency is the Euro and European Union citizens can settle and work there indefinitely. As an overseas department, however, it is not part of the Schengen Area. The official language is French, and Antillean Creole is very widely spoken.

So in legal, administrative and social terms, Guadeloupe is and should be considered an integral part of France.

Best regards,
Jean-Jacques.