[Euro-board] CROP travel for IGF // ALS Engagement Task Force

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Sep 10 00:49:32 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

this year's Internet Governance Forum (IGF) will take place in Paris,
France, from 12 to 14 November. If we are to use CROP to send someone
there, we need to think about it earlier rather than later, as there is
a 6 week deadline prior to the event taking place.

This year's EURALO Outreach Strategic Plan is displayed on:
https://community.icann.org/x/uYJHBQ

With the first of our 3 CROP slots being used compulsorily on a trip to
ICANN63 in Barcelona, this leaves us with two more slots. The
forthcoming Global IGF will take place in Paris. For some reason,
possibly because it had not been announced in time, we had not included
the Global IGF in the list of meetings to cover.

May I suggest that the EURALO ALS Engagement Task Force convenes as soon
as possible and discuss/make a recommendation forward of how the two
remaining CROP slots should be used? This needs to take place in
forthcoming weeks, if we wish to know in time for Paris IGF. The ALS
Engagement TF could also make recommendations on how to use RALO
discretionary funding for outreach this year.

Kindest regards,

Olivier