[Euro-board] Fwd: [Finance-sc] REMINDER - FY19 Additional Budget Requests - Timeline and Criteria

Olawale Bakare wales.baky at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 14:23:37 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Please, I would like to propose a topic on IoT, as a workshop to be funded
at the next IGF.

*EURALO Workshop Proposal at 2018 IGF.  Topic*: *The Internet-of-Things
(IoT) and the Increasing Governance Challenge Ahead.*

*Background Information*

The IoT evolution includes a broad range of sectors, including the
automotive, finance, consumer electronic devices, retail services and even
agriculture. Central to the solutions and deployments of IoT: Unified
communication. The unified communication relies heavily on the All-IP-Based
scheme for end-to-end delivery of IoT solutions.

All-IP-Based Deployment: what about the internet architecture? All things
internet; as implementation and deployment on top gear the use of IP
addressing ( IPv6) and DNS schemes are important for the success of IoT's
applications, security, and governance.

Workshop's themes - governance, out-set resilient security design, internet
end-users from the angle of privacy, rights to know the sharing of
individual's personal data (GDPR implementation?), across the
hyper-connectedness, clustered objects, public infrastructure as well as
the centralized process systems.

With regards,
Wale