[Euro-board] Draft EURALO Outreach strategy

Jordi Iparraguirre ipa at josoc.cat
Tue Oct 4 10:02:58 UTC 2016

Hi Olivier,

thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

Sure, mentoring depends a lot on people availability and expertise on
each subject.

I'm just trying to put myself on the shoes of a newcommer an how could
we be more helpful to get them engaged on board. Lots of names and
people to know, acronyms, and all the background needed for some policy
issues ...

I do not know, perhaps we could create a "Welcome, next steps" entry in
our web page pointing them to these webinars, inviting them to attend
certain teleconferences, visit the current topics under discussion and
inviting them where and then, once they select an area, find out if
there is anyone already working there and work together on writing the
comments to a given docs, etc.

Or any other idea you may propose. The goal is to lower whatever barrier
they might face and encourage their active participation.
In fact, listening to newcommers will be really helpful.

Should we devote time to it?
If yes, when, where, how?

all the best
jordi

El 30/09/16 a les 15:54, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ha escrit: