[Euro-board] Draft Agenda EURALO GA in London

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu May 29 21:44:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

as repeatedly and lengthly explained before on your point 1 -- once again:

We realized long time ago some "problems" with the EURALO Bylaws when we amended them in spring 2011 (before the Belgrade GA). Most EURALO insiders are aware that the Bylaws are *too long, bulky, overloaded and according to rigid German association law standards* under which they were drafted in 2006. Over the years we realized that many parts and prescriptions do not correspond with our functioning and realities or on a regular level -- on the other hand, they *do not restrain* our functioning neither.

Therefore, such "revision" of our Bylaws would mainly mean *reduction to the essentials* but not rewriting of the Bylaws as such. And if we do this, this must be done by a small group of people who are experienced and familiar with different association law standards and regimes. IMO, such a work would mean a cutting down from heavy and rigid German standards to "simple and easy to handle" Swiss standards which are well recognized for this.

And I think, almost everybody has understood so far that such a work or special task cannot be done during a General Assembly but as outlined above! Furthermore, I really think we have plenty of other (functioning) problems which are far more urgent to discuss about than Bylaws revision  -- what is a "nice to have" compared with.

On your other points:
"2.  ICANN strategy for Europe" -- I am sure most members are not even aware about this and we should therefore (and given the short time) concentrate on our own strategy -- what is on the draft Agenda, point 14.

"3. Stimulating of grass-root activities" -- To my understanding, this is part of the discussion under point 10. And as said before and given the short time for this GA, we should focus on EURALO issues and its dis/functioning rather than expanding on more issues.

Other comments from Board members are welcome!

Best,
Wolf