[Euro-board] Decertification and procedure for 4 EURALO ALSes

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 08:40:37 UTC 2014

Hi Wolf

I think it is important to undergo this exercise, as unpleasant as it may be, for precisely the reasons you suggest.  I would only suggest maybe one last outreach indicating that a decertification process is about to begin, we’d really rather not lose you, but if you do want to go please provide a couple sentences of why that we can benefit from, etc.  If no response to that it will be even easier for ALAC to process.

Thanks,

Bill

On Feb 7, 2014, at 11:24 PM, Wolf Ludwig <wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> some of you may recall that we discussed since years (at ALAC and EURALO) what to do and how to proceed with certified EURALO ALSes who have either never participated, nor didn’t respond on anything over a long period of time (2 – 5 years) or whose contact details are invalid or lapsed – usually called “dead ducks”. I have observed and noted such cases since years and I think it’s time (or even overdue) to react – as repeatedly discussed before (see my memo from June 2011!).
>
> These cases which are not-responsive and therefore overdue since years are:
>
> 1- KEPKA – consumer org. in Greece, certified in February 2007. This is a worst case, as they never ever responded to anything (GA 2008 in Paris, ATLAS I summit and GA 2009 in Mexico, various consultations and voting and GA 2013 in Lisbon);
>
> 2- Ynternet.org Institute, Switzerland, certified in February 2006. TMK, Ynternet.org and their representative Théo Bondolfi was present at the EURALO founding ceremony at the ICANN meeting in March 2007 in Lisbon and at our Paris GA in 2008. Afterwards, they announced “new primary contacts” twice who never followed up on anything. I repeatedly contacted Théo Bondolfi informally and asked him about Ynternet.org’s involvement – without response. What means persistent silence since 2009!
>
> 3- Terre des Femmes, Germany, certified in February 2006. Their previous representative, Heike Jensen, participated at our Paris GA in 2008, ATLAS I summit and GA 2009 in Mexico and some later consultations until autumn 2010. Afterwards Heike Jensen was unsubscribed from our mailing list and we have no more valid contact details.
>
> 4- CLUSIT, Italy, certified in July 2007. Their previous representative, Raoul Chiesa, participated at our Paris GA in 2008, ATLAS I summit and GA 2009 in Mexico and some later consultations until autumn 2010. Afterwards he didn’t respond to anything any more and we don’t know whether their contact details are still valid?
>
> I think these are evident cases that can be labelled as “dead ducks” or hopeless cases and should be *decertified* finally to keep our members list and voting quorum in order. In the given cases, the step-by-step procedure I suggested in my Memo from 2011 (attached) doesn’t make much sense because all of them won’t foreseeably reply to any “friendly, less friendly or ultimate reminders”.
>
> Therefore let me suggest the following procedure (4 steps):
>
> * Suggestion for de-certification will be submitted to ALAC (as Garth Bruen did it in his yesterday’s mail -- Request to De-Certify Alberta Community Network Association) with copy to the 4 candidates;
>
> * Consideration and de-certification decision by ALAC;
>
> * Communication about de-certification to the member, incl. last chance for demanding *substantiated* recourse at ALAC and the next EURALO GA (within 4 weeks);

> [...]

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org