[Euro-board] Kiev IG week, Memorandum on On-Going Steering Committee on national IGF

EMP info at euromediaplatform.org
Mon Oct 7 18:00:53 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I am happy to let you know that IG week in Kiev had great success, and I
highly appreciate Olivier's participation both in ENOG (regional RIPE
meeting), IV IGF-UA and Second International Forum "Media for Information
Sociaty", as well as very important personal formal and informal meetings.
It's a pity that Sebastian had to miss these events, and I am sure ttat we
have to discuss this issue and the role of ICANN staff and Board members in
regional IG initiatives.

I also propose to discuss our initiative (which was born in close
cooperation with our Armenian colleagues) to establish On-Going Steering
Committee of national IGF and to sign Memorandum on it (please find
attached the draft of this Memorandum). It would be great if EURALO will
also sign this Memorandum, but only after open and transparent discussion,
and with the support of all EURALO members. I will highly appreciate any
comments or propositions regarding this initiative, and would be very happy
to see more active participation of EURALO members in Ukrainian local
events and discussions. Please keep in mind that we are planning to
organize our next events in Kiev in February 2013 (Safer Internet Day,
EuroDIG presentation, gathering of ISOC Ukraine initiative group). On May
17 we will anounce the winner of our Journalistic Award "Media for
Information Society" and will send the winner to EuroDIG in Berlin. Please
let me know about your interest to participate in all these events.

Another great initiative which was launched these days in Kiev is the
proposition to create Task Force on Cyrillic IDNs. Thanks a lot for Olivier
for supporting this idea, as well as representatives of RIPE, ISOC, IETF.
Just now we have at least two volonteers to work in this group - Alexander
Tsaruk from Parliamentarian Committee on informatization and me. Our
Bulgarian colleagues also expressed their interest to this group, as well
as Russian ones.

I will send you more information on our IG activity in Ukraine asap and
will be happy to answer all your questions.

Best regards,
Oksana