[Euro-board] Call for volunteers on Finance & Budget sub-committee

Rudi Vansnick rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Fri Dec 23 16:31:23 UTC 2011

Dear Olivier, Wolf,

I'm very sorry I could not take part in the conference calls of EURALO and the F&B sub-committee due to urgencies related to the decision of the Flemish government. I was asked to advice the government in the process of the eventual launch of a GTLD ".vlaanderen" and as today it was the last day decisions could be taken by parliament for this year, I have been working (almost) day and night to provide all required information and advice in this process. Today, the Flemish parliament finally decided to give green light for the application, at least for the call for tender for candidates to run the registry. Positive outcome at least after so many hours of continuous reading, meeting, re-discussing the concept of a concession under which the Flemish government will delegate the license of the .vlaanderen registry. I'm happy the work, so far is done and I can go on Christmas holidays. Next step will be the evaluation process and the negotiation phase of the contract. Still hard time to come.

This was the initial reason why I was not available for the last conference calls, which I could not foresee as i was called in urgency for deliberation of the final document. Even this morning very very early I had to provide complementary information so the politicians could take decision in full confidence of success.

I will be available at next call and meanwhile for commenting on documents if needed, my hand on my hart.

May I take the opportunity to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a happy and fruitful new year.

Till soon,

Rudi Vansnick
——————————————— Internet Society Belgium  —————————————————
www.internetsociety.be       "The Internet is for everyone"

Op 23-dec-2011, om 16:34 heeft Wolf Ludwig het volgende geschreven: