[Euro-board] Call for volunteers on Finance & Budget sub-committee

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Dec 23 11:10:00 UTC 2011

Dear RALO leaders,

the last conference call of the ALAC Finance and Budget (F&B)
sub-committee was poorly attended and I realise that one of the reasons
for this poor attendance is the confusion of members of the
sub-committee not knowing if they are still members.

We wish to have a well distributed committee that reflects the interests
of all regions, with a timetable that is even tighter than last year:
all requests for funding need to be received by ICANN Finance by 20th
January 2012, which means that we need to make sure that RALOs get their
requests to us by 10th January. I therefore think that a good dialogue
with regions is important and there is no better dialogue than having
individuals leading the regions also involved in the ALAC F&B sub-committee.

The current membership of the F&B sub-committee is shown on:
https://community.icann.org/x/n4XT

Please check with your region if you could recommend some of your members
to join the sub-committee. We are especially looking for volunteers with
a good knowledge of the process (from last year's experience) or a good
knowledge in budgeting & finance processes, for our future interactions
with ICANN Finance. Please send all suggestions to staff at atlarge.icann.org

I have asked your ALAC representatives to help with the process of
identifying more volunteers. It is vital that all regions are well
represented since they will also act as a liaison between RALO
leadership and the F&B sub-committee.

Happy holidays,

Olivier

--