[Euro-board] Draft (explanatory) text for voting tool

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed May 4 23:37:19 UTC 2011

Dear Gisella and all,

the only feedbacks on my draft (explanatory) text for the voting tool
I got so far from Sandra and Olivier were affirmative, and I believe longer
introductions and explanations to the issues may not necessarily promote
clarity. If this is needed on a case to case basis, I can provide this by
direct / private calls. But time is pressing now and I don't believe that
there will be any further responses or advice from Board members
(but still welcome ;-).

As indicated in my previous mail, the Online voting tool should be
circulated via the EURALO list at least two weeks prior to the GA
(preferably 10 May) -- that means next Tuesday. And as I don't
expect spontaneous and broad participation on the announcement
and circulation of the tool, I / we need several days to mobilize the
electorate to achieve the two-third quorum needed for the Bylaw
modifications (= 19 member ALSes out of presently 28) -- what will
be another challenge again.

Do you think that At-Large Staff can prepare and provide the tool
by the beginning of next week? Thanks for your reply and

kind regards,
Wolf

sandra hoferichter wrote Mon, 2 May 2011 12:01:
>Dear Wolf at all,
>
>thank you for preparing this document, which sounds in addition of the links
>to the workspace very clear to me. Since the time I am actively involved in
>EURLAO I support the proposed modifications and the described voting
>procedure.
>
>Best Sandra

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87