[Euro-board] ICANN disclosure and consent form - please complete

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at iks-jena.de
Tue Dec 7 09:17:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 08:22:27AM +0100, Patrick Vande Walle wrote:
> Can you give us some background on this ? What is it about ?

It's about my possible involvment within ALAC.

ICANN outsourced a due diligence check and they started with urgin me to
sign an agreement containing:

  [...]
  I ... authorize XXX or its agents to make investigative enquiries about me
  and to obtain consumer credit, criminal convictions, motor vehicle, and
  other reports as necessary to verify my identity and other information I
  have provided.
  [...]
  I also understand that it may be necessary to transfer my personal data
  outside the European Economic Area to countries that do not necessarily
  have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in my country.  I
  hereby expressly consent to the processing of my personal data for the
  above-mentioned purposes, including possible transfers outside the
  European Economic Area.
  [...]
  I further understand and accept that an offer of employment by the Company
  may be conditional upon the verification of any or all of the information
  I have supplied and that the provision of misleading, false or inaccurate
  information, or the omission of a material fact may be legitimate cause
  for the immediate withdrawal of any offer of employment by the Company,
  or, if the Company has hired me in the meantime, for disciplinary action
  up to and including dismissal.
  [...]