[Euro-board] ICANN disclosure and consent form - please complete

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at iks-jena.de
Mon Dec 6 15:59:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 08:10:47PM -0500, Staci Dresher wrote:
> I am following up on my email from two days ago regarding the background
> review on behalf of ICANN.  Please let me know that you received this
> email

I received this email.

> and will provide the completed consent and disclosure form shortly
> (consent form attached for your convenience).

Unfortunly I've to oppose.

Signing this form would violate local law, that's why please abstain from
insiting on it. There are several critical points:

  1) The form assumes an employment relationship between ICANN and myself.
     Please remember: ALAC members are not employees of ICANN.

  2) Investigations about persons might legitimate by the local law of the
     company which tries to establish an relationship. It's not possible
     to circumvent local law of the investigated subject by urging them to
     agree without any alternatives. Even to try so is simply illegal in
     Germany.

  3) Granted the role of ALAC as a recommendation and supervision body
     within ICANN, it's not only unethical to collect information about
     private details (i.e. the financal situation) of the people doing the
     job. Such a attitute raises serious constrains about the relationship
     between ICANN and ALAC itself. Delicate private information must not
     be available to the body to be "controlled".

Cc: EURALO Board.