[Euro-board] Draft of member communication on the Board Selection process

Yrjö Länsipuro yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 06:36:46 UTC 2010

Dear all,
sometimes a picture (or diagram) is worth a thousand words. At least I now think I understand how it works. So please include the diagram!
Best,Yrjö

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:52:56 +0200
From: ocl at gih.com
To: wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
CC: euro-board at atlarge-lists.icann.org; yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com; cw at christopherwilkinson.eu; dr.heike.jensen at web.de; manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Subject: Re: [Euro-board] Draft of member communication on the Board Selection process

    Wolf,

      after re-reading Matthias's suggestions, may I suggest an
      explanation to show a diagram as follows:

      Candidate SOI ---> BCEC selects it --yes---+--> Candidate on
      Voting Slate

                                |                ^

                                no               |

                                |                |

                                v                |

                                |                |

                          Support from --yes-->--+

                          RALO petition?

                                no  ---> Candidate not on voting
      slate

      BCEC = Board Candidate Evaluation Committee

      In either case, the candidate has to have submitted an SOI to be
      considered.

      I hope this helps, and perhaps it could be included in the
      notification?

      Kind regards,

      Olivier