[Euro-board] Draft of member communication on the Board Selection process

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Aug 17 17:52:56 CDT 2010

 Wolf,

after re-reading Matthias's suggestions, may I suggest an explanation to
show a diagram as follows:

Candidate SOI ---> BCEC selects it --yes---+--> Candidate on Voting Slate
                          |                ^
                          no               |
                          |                |
                          v                |
                          |                |
                    Support from --yes-->--+
                    RALO petition?

                          no  ---> Candidate not on voting slate

BCEC = Board Candidate Evaluation Committee

In either case, the candidate has to have submitted an SOI to be considered.

I hope this helps, and perhaps it could be included in the notification?

Kind regards,

Olivier

Le 17/08/2010 19:43, Wolf Ludwig a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> thanks again for your participation at our today's call! As agreed at the end of the call on Agenda item 9, attached please find the DRAFT of a member communication on the Board Selection process for your review and modifications ...
>
> This Mail should be finally circulated to the Euro-Discuss-list tomorrow PM latest. Your inputs are welcome (to Olivier and me) until 12:00 AM/ tomorrow noon-time.
>
> May I ask you that suggested modifications are formulated in a way that the whole issue is not getting too complicate and the procedure doesn't look highly intransparent -- for the majority of our members who do not deal with these issues on a daily basis.
>
> Thanks for your cooperation and kind regards,
> Wolf
>
> comunica-ch
> phone +41 79 204 83 87
> Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
> www.comunica-ch.net
>
> Digitale Allmend
> http://blog.allmend.ch -
>
> EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation
> http://euralo.org

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html