[Euro-board] Fwd: Re: [IRP] IRP meeting - Geneva May 9th

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed May 19 12:22:05 CDT 2010

Dear Olivier and all,

thanks for this great input and taking up this issue again!

I was involved in this discussion process since APC issued its first
Charter on Internet Rights some years ago and a dynamic coalition
on this issue was installed at the IGF level (Annette, Vittorio and others
participated in this actively as well). It was one of the WG on the ATLAS
in Mexico and I remember a considerable interest in the community
for this issue ...

In between, I think, it was much more a question of (always limited)
capacities than one of interest that the discussion on this was not
intensively followed up on the ALAC level (like Max, as you mentioned,
having less capacities in his new job).

Therefore, I am glad that you took over and discussed again with Lisa
(the pushing force at the moment). I would strongly support you being
the linking element between EURALO (and ALAC?) in this ongoing
finalisation process of the Charter. At the moment, the draft will be
accomplished by the end of summer or before the next IGF, we should
discuss on our regional level (at our next GA in autumn?) whether we
would like to join/sign this charter - and invite others (our ALSes, other
RALOs to do the same) ...

I think, there is a need to link-up and to strengthen initiatives who pursue
our common goals and the interests of Internet users.

Kind regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87