[Euro-board] Fwd: Re: [IRP] IRP meeting - Geneva May 9th

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue May 18 18:41:23 CDT 2010

Dear All,

as some of you might know, I also participate in the Internet Rights &
Principles Dynamic Coalition. Lisa Horner, current IRPDC chair and I,
had several conversations in the past, about the IRPDC joining as an
ALS, but also in the IRPDC being able to help out in one of ALAC's
working groups - Registrant Rights - which I have noticed is not getting
much attention (I suspect due to the overwhelming amount of work we have
on our plates).
Lisa asked me to draft a one page document detailing what my idea is,
and I did this hastily today. At this moment, it's just an idea, and I
have mentioned that I am writing this in a personal capacity, but I hope
that At Large will be sympathetic to this.
Rafik Dammak, another member of the IRPDC also emitted his wish to
contribute to this, and so I promised to pass this document by him. My
email to him and to Lisa is shown below.

For an ALS application, I suggest that two options are possible:

1. the IRPDC applying as an ALS, and/or;
2. Lisa's organisation, Global Partners & Associates
http://www.global-partners.co.uk/  to apply as an ALS.

Max Senges used to Chair the IRPDC & came to the At Large Summit in
Mexico. Alas, he has somehow taken a back seat since he became employed
by Google - hence the reason why I am outreaching to Lisa.

Please let me know what you think - and also what is the process to
consult with other ALAC. You can email me privately if you think that I
am stepping out of line.

Kind regards,

Olivier