[Euro-board] RALO Activities in the coming Fiscal Year

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Mar 10 01:28:09 CST 2010

Dear Matthias,

I was not sure about the best moment to answer your questions raised – either the ALAC meeting on Sunday morning or the Secretariats meeting on Wednesday in Nairobi. Anyway, the agenda of each meeting was dense enough already and therefore I submit the EURALO activities in the coming fiscal year in this written form.

Most of our priority events will be published on the Events calendar of our Workspace. And again, we have to distinguish between the “wishful” and the “essential or necessary”. The EURALO essentials for the coming – fiscal - year are:

1. EURALO participation at the 3rd EuroDIG at the end of April 2010 in Madrid. EURALO representatives involved are Annette Mühlberg, Rudi Vansnick and Wolfgang Kleinwächter. To my knowledge, our participation is not cost-relevant.

2. German IGF at 7 June 2010 in Berlin. EURALO representatives involved are Annette Mühlberg and Wolfgang Kleinwächter besides other reps. from our German member ALSes. The organisational costs are covered by sponsoring, our participation would only be cost-relevant if the EURALO chair is supposed to participate (flight fare Basel–Berlin/return).

3. EURALO General Assembly during the next/38 ICANN Public meeting at the end of June 2010 in Brussels. According to our by-laws, we are supposed to organise one GA each year (last one was during the ICANN-ALAC Summit in March 09 in Mexico-City). Brussels would therefore be an excellent opportunity to convene our next GA and to organise a Showcase during the ICANN meeting (as AFRALO just did with success in Nairobi). The costs involved would be travel and stay-over expenses plus per diems of approximately two-third of our member ALSes (16 our of 24).

4. The next IGF will be in Europe as well -- September 2010 in Vilnius/Latvia. This would offer a perfect opportunity for EURALO’s outreach in Eastern Europe. The costs involved would be travel and stay-over expenses for one or two EURALO reps.

The events mentioned are the foreseeable planning highlights for the coming fiscal year. We would be pleased if these priorities could be taken into consideration. Thanks and

kind regards,

Wolf Ludwig
EURALO Chair

Matthias Langenegger wrote Tue, 2 Mar 2010 01:11:
>Dear All
>
>The  ALAC and regional leaders will review regional planning activities for the coming year during the morning segment on the At-Large Review on Sunday morning in Nairobi. In advance of this meeting, please identify potential activities in your region such as a general assembly and regional meetings your members would like to attend in the coming fiscal year. In addition, please provide specific information such as dates and approximate budgets for the regional activities. This information will be essential to At-Large being able to submit budget requests for the coming year within the deadline provided.
>
>The public consultation on the Fiscal Year 2011 Operating Plan and Budget Framework closes on April 1st, 2010. . You can find additional information about the public consultation on the Fiscal Year 2011 Operating Plan and Budget Framework under: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#op-budget-fy2011
>
>You find the full agenda for the ALAC and Regional Leadership Working Session on Sunday under: http://nbo.icann.org/node/8894
>
>Best Regards,
>--
>Matthias Langenegger
>Manager, At-Large Regional Affairs
>Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
>
>Email: matthias.langenegger at icann.org
>Main Tel: +41 (79) 644 65 35
>Fax: +41 (22) 594 85 44
>Skype ID: matthiaslangenegger