[Euro-board] EURALO Drafting Team - follow up and next steps

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Fri Sep 18 13:06:26 CDT 2009

I can certainly answer these questions I think.

The reason that  the EURALO flyer wasn't an insert into the At-Large
brochure is simply because the flyer  text is much, much too long for
that to be possible - as you see, in smallish text, it took up all of
two sides of A4 paper.

As the final text of the EURALO flyer was only available a few days
before EuroDIG began - including the weekend - we had to have the people
we use to layout brochures etc work quickly, with no time to redo
anything. I literally took the document you saw to the printer Monday
morning and came at lunchtime to pick them up so they would be available
Monday afternoon.

I didn't bring At-Large flyers because I don't have a stock of them
here, I believed my colleagues in Global Partnerships were bringing
them, as they routinely do so. Unfortunately they didn't this time. I am
checking with them about the issue.

However, your larger question seems to be (correct me if I'm wrong,
please): "Why doesn't ICANN have more material that's attractive and
well-put together describing its multistakeholder model and how various
stakeholder communities can get involved in it" - if this is the
question you are asking, perhaps Scott knows the answer to what we do
have available of that kind.

I am sorry that we didn't have the brochures available, and that the
EURALO flyer was not as good-looking as it could be, but on the latter
point I did the best I could with very, very limited time to go on.

FWIW, I am very glad you care!

Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart

Director for At-Large