[Euro-board] Some points for the Euralo monthly meeting

Rudi Vansnick rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Mon Jun 22 03:48:26 EDT 2009

Dear all,

As we try to have an Euralo board meeting in the coming days, I would
like to bring a few points to your attention :
- in order to extend our number of ALSes in all European regions, I
would like to point you to the wiki page on the ccNSO liaison webspace.
The meaning of the list of ALSes would help in de first place to know
which ALSes are active in Europe, their personal file and with which
ccNSO member = ccTLd they should try to get a (very) good understanding;
- we definitely need a clear view on the participation of Euralo
([board]members) in the upcoming EURODIG II meeting;
- i would like to suggest we put also on our agenda the different
debates and governments decisions in regards the filtering and blocking
of websites for whatever reason. We need to make a clear picture of what
we consider being a good solution and try to avoid mass filtering and/or
blocking of websites. Information gathering is the right of each
Internetuser and government can not just by simple click decide to lock
down websites.

I hope the above points help to establish an agenda for the next Euralo
confcall during our stay here in Sydney.

Best regards,

Rudi Vansnick
President Internet Society Belgium vzw
Voorzitter TIK vzw