[Euro-board] [ALAC] Request for input from the ALAC into the IRT's work on trademark issues with the introduction of new gTLDs

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Mar 17 19:57:29 EDT 2009

Dear Cheryl,

we discussed this issue today at our monthly EURALO call and --
reflecting the response from Beau Brendler this afternoon -- we
were not sure about the approximate time investment and other
foreseeable implications for a EURALO representative in this WG.

Nick suggested to send us some more information on this matter
and EURALO will try to find an appropriate representative afterwards.

Thanks for your understanding and best regards,
Wolf

>2009/3/18 Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm>
>> I'm in.
>>
>> Carlton
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Building on the energy and enthusiasm that I trust those of you who were
>>> involved in the Mexico Meeting and At-Large Users Summit, still have I
>>> want,
>>> as Chair of the ALAC, to bring to the attention of At-Large and
>>> particularly
>>> the leadership of the RALO's and ALS's  am matter  arising from the Mexico
>>> ICANN meeting regarding tho formation and work of the IRT and indeed both
>>> the ALAC's and At-Larges input into its activities...
>>>

>>> Firstly I have included in the body of this message a copy in full, of a
>>> formal request from the President of the GNSO's Intellectual Property
>>> Constituency, Mr. Steve Metalitz, requesting  ALAC specific input into
>>> this
>>> process in a very short time frame (we will add this to the Agenda for our
>>> March 24th ALAC Meeting) and pointing out the opportunity for individual
>>> (here I encourage  also ALSes and RALO's to also respond directly)
>>> submissions to be provided directly to
>>> *ip-issues at icann.org*<ip-issues at icann.org>
>>> .
>>>

>>> Secondly  two suitably qualified ALAC Members (in their individual
>>> capacity)
>>> have offered themselves to the IRT as Members  these are  Mr. Beau
>>> Brendler,
>>> and Ms. Vanda Scartezini,  I would like at the ALAC Meeting to endorse
>>> these
>>> two IRT Members as formal representatives of the ALAC to this WG, and
>>> encourage discussion in the ALAC Working List regarding this matter prior
>>> our discussion of this as an Agenda item at te March meeting as well...
>>>

>>> Related to this however is my desire to involve suitably qualified and
>>> experienced representatives from At-Large and the ALSes into an Ad Hoc
>>> ALAC
>>> WG (to operate as a subset of the existing new gTLD WG  already

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
www.comunica-ch.net