[Euro-board] A board conf call?

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sun Sep 28 09:56:55 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I appreciate Sébastien’s proposal to have a Board conf. call
soon. Because in fact there are several issues to be
discussed as mentioned by Sébastien and Wolfgang.

As I couldn’t participate in Wolfgang’s last ICANN-Studienkreis
meeting at the beginning of September in Helsinki unfortunately,
I think we should not miss the next opportunity for outreach
what is (as announced on the EURALO list already) the European
dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) the 20./21. Oct. 08
in Strasbourg. To my knowledge, we have Annette, Wolfgang,
Rudi and me who are “booked” already but I don’t know who
else is intending to come to Strasbourg? And I think it would be
good to use EuroDIG as one of our first real chances for outreach
what has to be well prepared.

The other urgent points Sébastien mentioned are:

> (2) Preparation of the Cairo meeting and EURALO
reps. there (Annette, Sébastien, Patrick, Adam?,
Désirée, Wolfgang and Wolf)

> (3) Participation of the European ALS to the Summit
(in Mexico)

> (4) Participation of Europe rep in the various
working groups

The four points mentioned are the most urgent to be discussed
at our Board confcall. I would like to ask the Staff to organise
a Doodle request to find an appropriate date and time. Of course,
Adam is welcome at our call – as our ALAC reps. and Wolfgang
as well. If we arrange a time in the early afternoon (14:00 or
15:00 CET) it should fit to Adam as well (+7).

As I am out of Switzerland from Wednesday next week (until 7.10.)
I would prefer a date in the 2nd part of the 2nd Oct. week or at
the beginning of the following week (13.10.+)

Thanks and regards,
Wolf