[Euro-board] Application of france at large for At-Large Structure (ALS) accreditation- further information on the decision of the ALAC

At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri May 23 13:30:08 EDT 2008

TO: france at large

FROM: staff at atlarge.icann.org, on behalf of the ALAC

cc: A Muehlberg, S Bachollet, alac-excomm at atlarge-lists.icann.org,
euro-board at atlarge-lists.icann.org

RE: Application of france at large for At-Large Structure (ALS) accreditation

Dear Monsieur Morfin:

We write to you at the request of the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) in
order to provide you with information on the reasons why your application to
join the At-Large community was not successful. We hope that the information
provided below facilitates your understanding:

·     Statements made on the application form are not borne out on the
france at large website. For example, the application (reply to question 1b)
states that:

> ³Members of the At-Large community can freely join france at large by subscribing
> to the general mailing list. The members organise the list moderation and
> decide on what motions and projects they will vote.²

However, the general mailing list archives hosted on your website for
members have no postings (as at the time of application).  In reply to
question 2(f), the application states that:

> ³ŠAt the end of 2007, there were 17 membersŠ.²

However, since the application in many places makes clear that all the
activities of france at large are to happen on the general members forum ­
including but not limited to joining the organisation ­ and those forums are
empty, the only conclusion which can reasonably be drawn is that there are
no members.

·     The application implies that france at large is associated with
organisations which are independent third parties, yet in several cases the
WHOIS data for these sites seem to lead to the same email address, which was
also used to register one of the two france at large domains:

For example, on question 1 of Objectives, the application states that
france at large:
> ³Š Plans to participate:
>> In the French, European and Global Internet Governance Forums
>> (http://franceatlarge.fr/index.php?title=Propositions_FGI) Š²
And goes on to list in specific:

> ³Š In the Intertest for projects concerning current usageŠ²

A sample search of the WHOIS records for some of the organisations
referenced at http://franceatlarge.fr/index.php?title=Propositions_FGI was
conducted. The WHOIS records for intertest.org and wecann.info are identical
in virtually every respect to those for one of the two domain names for
france at large, franceatlarge.org (see full WHOIS results at the end of this
letter).

We note that wecann.info has a mailing list with a closed archive, however,
upon registration, the archive shows no posts have been made, and the
membership list is restricted.

In closing, for these reasons we were unable to accredit your organisation
as an At-Large Structure. Should your organisation¹s situation change, we
encourage you to re-apply for ALS status. The coming ICANN meeting and the
EURALO events in Paris may offer good opportunities to meet EURALO Board
members and discuss the issues with your application. This may then help
form the basis for a re-application, or, if you prefer, to request
reconsideration of this application. In the meantime, we wish to emphasise
that you, like all individual Internet users, are welcome to continue to
participate in EURALO¹s mailing list and its work.

We understand that you may wish to appeal the decision reached. If so, we
wish to draw your attention to the three options that you have in this
respect which were provided in our email to you on 16th May 2008, and which
are repeated below for your convenience:

1. Request that the ALAC Reconsider Its Decision
If you believe that the reasons for the adverse decision are not correct
once you have received them, you may ask the ALAC to reconsider the
decision. When requesting ALAC reconsideration, please provide details of
why you believe the decision is not correct in as much detail as you believe
will be useful, and transmit this by email, along with any supplementary
documentation you believe relevant, to staff at atlarge.icann.org
<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org> . The staff will acknowledge receipt and
transmit the information to the ALAC.

2. Contact the ICANN Ombudsman
ICANN has established the Office of the Ombudsman to evaluate and where
possible resolve complaints about unfair or inappropriate treatment by
ICANN. For more information about ICANN's Ombudsman, please visit
http://www.icann.org/ombudsman. If you have a dispute you want the Ombudsman
to investigate, or to contact the Ombudsman, please visit
http://www.icann.org/ombudsman/contact.htm.

3. ICANN Board of Directors Reconsideration
ICANN's Board of Directors has established a Reconsideration Committee to
handle requests from any person or entity that has been materially affected
by any ICANN staff action if such person or entity believes the action
contradicts established ICANN policies, or by actions of the Board that such
person or entity believes has been taken without consideration of material
information. Note: this is a brief summary of the relevant Bylaws
provisions. For more information about ICANN's reconsideration process,
please visit http://www.icann.org/committees/reconsideration.

WHOIS SEARCHES:

Intertest.org WHOIS
(Asked whois.pir.org:43 about intertest.org)
 Domain ID: D130972759-LROR
 Domain Name: INTERTEST.ORG
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=INTERTEST.ORG;server=auto>
 Created On: 17-Oct-2006 22: 28: 34 UTC
 Last Updated On: 04-Dec-2007 14: 11: 27 UTC
 Expiration Date: 17-Oct-2008 22: 28: 34 UTC
 Sponsoring Registrar: Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
 Registrant ID: 18036335-NSI
 Registrant Name: the world at wide <mailto:world at wide>
 foundation
 Registrant Organization: the world at wide <mailto:world at wide>
 foundation
 Registrant Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Registrant Street2:
 Registrant Street3:
 Registrant City: McLean
 Registrant State/Province: VA
 Registrant Postal Code: 22101
 Registrant Country: US
 Registrant Phone: 1.7072482449
 Registrant Phone Ext.:
 Registrant FAX: 1.7072482449
 Registrant FAX Ext.:
 Registrant Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Admin ID: 18036335-NSI
 Admin Name: the world at wide <mailto:world at wide>
 foundation
 Admin Organization: the world at wide <mailto:world at wide>
 foundation
 Admin Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Admin Street2:
 Admin Street3:
 Admin City: McLean
 Admin State/Province: VA
 Admin Postal Code: 22101
 Admin Country: US
 Admin Phone: 1.7072482449
 Admin Phone Ext.:
 Admin FAX: 1.7072482449
 Admin FAX Ext.:
 Admin Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Tech ID: 18036335-NSI
 Tech Name: the world at wide <mailto:world at wide>
 foundation
 Tech Organization: the world at wide <mailto:world at wide>
 foundation
 Tech Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Tech Street2:
 Tech Street3:
 Tech City: McLean
 Tech State/Province: VA
 Tech Postal Code: 22101
 Tech Country: US
 Tech Phone: 1.7072482449
 Tech Phone Ext.:
 Tech FAX: 1.7072482449
 Tech FAX Ext.:
 Tech Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Name Server: DNS1.NETTICA.COM
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS1.NETTICA.COM;server=auto>
 Name Server: DNS2.NETTICA.COM
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS2.NETTICA.COM;server=auto>
 Name Server: DNS3.NETTICA.COM
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS3.NETTICA.COM;server=auto>
 Name Server: DNS4.NETTICA.COM
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS4.NETTICA.COM;server=auto>
 Name Server: DNS5.NETTICA.COM
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS5.NETTICA.COM;server=auto>

Wecann.info WHOIS
(Asked whois.afilias.info:43 about wecann.info)
Access to INFO WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Afilias
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Afilias Limited
for informational purposes only  and Afilias does not guarantee its
accuracy.  This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that  under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow enable  or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail telephone  or facsimile of mass
unsolicited  commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or
 (b) enable high volume  automated  electronic processes that send queries
or data to the systems of Registry Operator  a Registrar  or Afilias except
as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing
registrations. All rights reserved. Afilias reserves the right to modify
these terms at any time. By submitting this query you agree to abide by this
policy.
 Domain ID: D23071066-LRMS
 Domain Name: WECANN.INFO
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=WECANN.INFO;server=auto>
 Created On: 30-Dec-2007 18: 11: 03 UTC
 Last Updated On: 28-Feb-2008 20: 33: 47 UTC
 Expiration Date: 30-Dec-2008 18: 11: 03 UTC
 Sponsoring Registrar: Network Solutions (R122-LRMS)
 Registrant ID: C3525328-LRMS
 Registrant Name: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Registrant Organization: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Registrant Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Registrant Street2:
 Registrant Street3:
 Registrant City: McLeab
 Registrant State/Province: VA
 Registrant Postal Code: 22101
 Registrant Country: US
 Registrant Phone: 1.7072482449
 Registrant Phone Ext.:
 Registrant FAX: 1.7072482449
 Registrant FAX Ext.:
 Registrant Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Admin ID: C3525328-LRMS
 Admin Name: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Admin Organization: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Admin Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Admin Street2:
 Admin Street3:
 Admin City: McLeab
 Admin State/Province: VA
 Admin Postal Code: 22101
 Admin Country: US
 Admin Phone: 1.7072482449
 Admin Phone Ext.:
 Admin FAX: 1.7072482449
 Admin FAX Ext.:
 Admin Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Billing ID: C2575260-LRMS
 Billing Name: UTEL
 Billing Organization: UTEL
 Billing Street1: 1350 Beverly Rd  115-331
 Billing Street2:
 Billing Street3:
 Billing City: MC LEAN
 Billing State/Province: VA
 Billing Postal Code: 22101
 Billing Country: US
 Billing Phone: 011.3313950
 Billing Phone Ext.:
 Billing FAX: 707.2492448
 Billing FAX Ext.:
 Billing Email: jefsey at jefsey.com <mailto:jefsey at jefsey.com>

 Tech ID: C3525328-LRMS
 Tech Name: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Tech Organization: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Tech Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Tech Street2:
 Tech Street3:
 Tech City: McLeab
 Tech State/Province: VA
 Tech Postal Code: 22101
 Tech Country: US
 Tech Phone: 1.7072482449
 Tech Phone Ext.:
 Tech FAX: 1.7072482449
 Tech FAX Ext.:
 Tech Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Name Server: DNS.PRESENCEWEB.ORG
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS.PRESENCEWEB.ORG;server=auto>
 Name Server: DNS2.PRESENCEWEB.ORG
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS2.PRESENCEWEB.ORG;server=auto>

Franceatlarge.org <mailto:France at large.org>  WHOIS
(Asked whois.pir.org:43 about franceatlarge.org)
 Domain ID: D148934686-LROR
 Domain Name: FRANCEATLARGE.ORG
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=FRANCEATLARGE.ORG;server=auto>
 Created On: 22-Aug-2007 15: 21: 48 UTC
 Last Updated On: 31-Jan-2008 16: 35: 10 UTC
 Expiration Date: 22-Aug-2008 15: 21: 48 UTC
 Sponsoring Registrar: Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
 Registrant ID: 18036317-NSI
 Registrant Name: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Registrant Organization: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Registrant Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Registrant Street2:
 Registrant Street3:
 Registrant City: McLeab
 Registrant State/Province: VA
 Registrant Postal Code: 22101
 Registrant Country: US
 Registrant Phone: 1.7072482449
 Registrant Phone Ext.:
 Registrant FAX: 1.7072482449
 Registrant FAX Ext.:
 Registrant Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Admin ID: 18036317-NSI
 Admin Name: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Admin Organization: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Admin Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Admin Street2:
 Admin Street3:
 Admin City: McLeab
 Admin State/Province: VA
 Admin Postal Code: 22101
 Admin Country: US
 Admin Phone: 1.7072482449
 Admin Phone Ext.:
 Admin FAX: 1.7072482449
 Admin FAX Ext.:
 Admin Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Tech ID: 18036317-NSI
 Tech Name: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Tech Organization: WORLD at WIDE <mailto:WORLD at WIDE>

 Tech Street1: 1350 Beverly Road  15-331
 Tech Street2:
 Tech Street3:
 Tech City: McLeab
 Tech State/Province: VA
 Tech Postal Code: 22101
 Tech Country: US
 Tech Phone: 1.7072482449
 Tech Phone Ext.:
 Tech FAX: 1.7072482449
 Tech FAX Ext.:
 Tech Email: info at execlub.org <mailto:info at execlub.org>

 Name Server: DNS.PRESENCEWEB.ORG
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS.PRESENCEWEB.ORG;server=auto>
 Name Server: DNS2.PRESENCEWEB.ORG
<http://samspade.org/whois?query=DNS2.PRESENCEWEB.ORG;server=auto>
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:
 Name Server:

--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart, Matthias Langenegger, Frederic Teboul
ICANN At-Large Staff
email: staff at atlarge.icann.org