[Euro-board] Paris Board meeting and documents

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Fri Jun 6 12:25:22 EDT 2008

Hi Vittorio,

 Vittorio Bertola wrote Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:31:35 +0200
>>(...) try to identify online
>> the precise points on which votes will be necessary so I can give my input
>> electronically?
>
>me too :)

Relevant Board agenda points, some even simply formal, to me are:
*the Board's report is a draft from the Chair so far and I would like having
it discussed and approved by Board members to submit it to the GA as
"the Board's report" (sent yesterday)
*the same would be appropriate for EURALO's working budget (sent yesterday)
*the working programme and projects 2008-09 (TBS) and
*the review of the by-laws regarding individual users participation and
membership at EURALO etc.

The last point mentioned needs a solid input by the Board or Chair or a
kind of concise Resolution about how we will organise and manage this in
practical terms -- otherwise we will have, according to my experiences with
previous pre-EURALO reunions ;-), a never-ending discussion.

What we need to know from the Staff before Paris, conc. TOP 10, is:
-The exact results from the Board Online voting from May 07 which was
set up by Nick and actually who was voted in for a one- or a two-years-term?
-Who needs to to be re-elected in fact (according to the by-laws, the Chairs
are set for two years)?
-Who goes for a 2nd term (Karen won't because she is NomCom now
-- what about others?)  I only received one declaration of interest for
the Board so far ...

Please let my know your opinion on the points mentioned above.
Thanks and regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch
phone +41 79 204 83 87