[At-Large] Is ICANN's oversight really moving away from the US government?

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Mar 24 10:54:12 UTC 2016

On Thursday 24 March 2016 04:08 PM, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> snip
>
>     International incorporation either follows a new treaty, or can be
>     under the UN....
>

> This is where i will rest my case on this topic; haven seen how
> "ironically" effective and INCLUSIVE things setup within UN are(IGF,
> ITU et all), what you are proposing in not the future i want to
> imagine nor experience for ICANN.

Seun, you are in a hurry to rest your case, and you just set this up...
I said incorporation as a treaty organisation (like WIPO and WTO are)
*or*  under the UN, and you hurried to conclude, it is the UN, and
closed it... Ok, btw, I did not know you had problems with the IGF. (In
that case, you seem to *not* have problems only with ICANN and the US
jurisdiction).... Also, remember what you are saying, it is in effect that

*you prefer incorporation of a global governance organisation with the
US state *rather than* under UN, or as a new international treaty
organisation*.

 (In politics as in most real life, things are comparative and not
absolute.)..

One would have hoped that we have come out of the colonial period, but
here, people from post colonial countries themselves seem stuck to swear
and abide by US neo-imperialism and colonialism... It is a reat pity! I
myself have nothing more to say.

parminder