[At-Large] Notice of Motion: update to ALAC advice on gTLDs

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Dec 20 05:55:36 UTC 2011

While geographic rather than generic, I find Edmon Chung's current
presentation about the benefits of .asia quite convincing.
.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlSJ8IZF5GY&list=PL66A04B1808AABF48&index=17&feature=plpp_video

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM, John R. Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> We have a decade's worth of new TLDs.  The only ASCII TLD that has come
> anywhere close to doing what it was supposed to do is .CAT, and its
> circumstances are unlikely to be repeated.  It looks like the IDN ccTLDs
> are working more or less as they're supposed to, but asking for new ASCII
> TLDs or new generic TLDs is just stubbornness in the face of reality.
>
> --
Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com