[At-Large] 9th Circuit Court ruling on ICANN Contract.

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Dec 22 17:49:40 UTC 2010

On 22 Dec 2010, at 12:33, Bill Silverstein wrote:

>> Yes we all know there are criminals out there, but there are plenty of
>> other ways to get to them other than WHOIS of a domain name.
> Ok. How? And why should there be a need?
>
> If you buy a house, but put it under my name to avoid a judgment against
> you, can you cry when the IRS (the US taxing authority) seizes the house
> because my outstanding tax bill?

Well leaving aside the validity of a Tax Authority will such a capability.

It they went through due legal process and determined that you were the legal owner of that house and that you had done something wrong under the law that merited the removal of your property, then unless I could show a legal instrument that showed that despite this the house was still mine, no I would not have a legal basis for complaint.

As for 'can you cry'  i think people always have the right to cry (unless of course you are a woman and in politics.) As for the ability to cry, that is an individual thing that often has medical causes.

Personally I thought the knives analogy was a good one.

a.