[At-Large] The SSAC has published SAC123 and SAC122

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Mon Dec 25 05:34:33 UTC 2023

I agree with what you're saying but I'd also point out that the global
voice phone network, postal systems, package delivery, various forms
of travel, at least, also had a "one world" goal.

I can pretty much make a phone call, mail a letter, deliver a package,
to almost anyone one the planet or perhaps with some effort travel
most anywhere. With perhaps the exception of some extremely poor or
draconian authoritative places.

And in the same period we began to understand the negative aspects of
globalization like nuclear-tipped ICBMs and pollution (particularly
the CO2 responsible for climate change) which also know no political
boundaries tho don't require interoperability with their target other
than the laws of physics.

So the model was fomenting w/o some "hippie" notion, it was just
(mostly) post-WW2 globalization.

Perhaps a minor point but it raises the question as to whether this
overall trend is part of some grand plan or is it just an organic
process like the spread of language, music, religion, etc. which may
hit some bumps in the road but is likely to keep rolling along barring
some apocalyptic disaster.

        -Barry Shein