[At-Large] X marks the spot - a small spot

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sat Jul 29 05:31:52 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 3:07 PM Mike Arbrouet via At-Large <
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> Sounds like someone is not a fan of Mr Musk. The way I see it: his money
> (of which he has plenty), his companies, and consequently his decisions.
> And given his successful track record, I wouldn't bet against him.

This thread wasn't intended to focus so much on Musk as the conflation of
branding and domain names.

I would simply note that rationale of a "successful track record" without
also noting the many failures (Hyperloop, Dodger Stadium, the Tesla truck
as just some examples, not to mention Twitter whose market value has
already been decimated) might not be a path worth following in detail.

I'll leave it to others to finish populating this side-thread.
- Evan