[At-Large] Marby e-mail no longer valid

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Sun Dec 25 03:48:26 UTC 2022

My wild guess is someone is transitioning the target of that email and
accidentally broke it.

1. If it was a friendly, innocuous parting, particularly with a
continued "consulting" relationship as announced, you'd just leave the
email alone.

2. If it was otherwise you'd immediately target the email to go to
someone(s) responsible to review it.

It's not his personal email box and anything sent to it could
legitimately be considered ICANN property which needs to be reviewed,
sorted, memorialized, and when appropriate responded to. Most likely
the interim CEO or their designee(s).

What you wouldn't do is just disable the email account.

So that points to an error of some sort which could be a result of #1
or #2.

I wouldn't read anything into it barring specific knowledge.

--
        -Barry Shein