[At-Large] Expression of appreciation and thanks for the arrangement made by ICANN for ICANN meetings

Dave Kissoondoyal dkissoondoyal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 06:04:46 UTC 2022

Dear Goran and Maarten,

I would like to send my personal & community appreciation and thanks to
ICANN Org and the Board for the arrangements made in relation to health
and safety for participants in ICANN meetings..

I have had a surgical operation done after my tibia was fractured more
than two months ago and have been accessed fit to travel by the doctors
in Mauritius. I am at KL Conference Centre attending ICANN75.

Yesterday, my left foot was swollen and I could hardly walk as it was
paining too much. I went to the health and safety office, setup for the
purpose at ICANN75. I was attended by a paramedic officer named Michael
Watson of Gaboon. I would say that I am really thrilled by the service
provided by this gentleman. He consulted me and advised that I should be
sent to the hospital for investigation . He called the Prince Court
Medical Centre as well an International SOS insurance company. His
approach was so professional that he took care of the travel from the
conference centre to the medical centre, talked to the doctor and
liaised with the insurance company. He even took the medicines from the
pharmacy. While I was still at the hospital, he got another patient from
ICANN75 and did the same follow up for him.

After the consultation, investigation and medication from the medical
centre, the gentleman called the transport and we returned to the hotel
at around 09:30 PM.

I was not aware that ICANN has made such an arrangement to ensure the
health and safety of the participants until my experience of yesterday.
This really ease the lives of participants.

Thank you very much.

With kind regards

Dave Kissoondoyal

ALAC Member