[At-Large] Ukraine, .RU, and internet governance

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 14 20:01:37 UTC 2022

Thank you Andrei

This is the input that everyone needs in this discussion.  Cutting off .ru will - in the words of our Russian friend ‘worsen the situation’.  So for those who are still advocating such action, please finally listen to those who will be most impacted - those who will be cut off from those who want the truth.

And also please read other emails as to what ICANN IS doing.  From Oksana -

we in Ukraine highly appreciate all help and support from ICANN! We are buying just now StarLinks for ICANN money (to restore Internet in places where telecom towers and cables were destroyed by ruzzian bombs), ICANN experts are helping .ua heroes to keep safe our cyberspace. Huge amounts of humanitarian help - once again thank you very much!

So ICANN is NOT doing nothing - it is helping with money and expertise.  It is just not cutting off links to the truth.

Holly