[At-Large] Opera now lets you ditch boring web links and use emojis instead

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 16:49:32 UTC 2022

Recall the argument against emoji characters in a name stems from the fact
that while emoji - and emoji-like - characters are accorded Unicode
subscription, their categorization and the lack of a single acceptable
standard for rendering them made their consistent interpretation and
resolution 'touchy, at best'.  The conclusive advice: disallowed.

The IDN taskforce and Universal Acceptance folks have been grappling with
this for some time now.

Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*