[At-Large] ICANN Accountability Mechanisms

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 00:17:06 UTC 2022

Very thoughtful engagement here and for sure, all the top ones are listed
by Evan.  I think he missed just one thing, how to determine what is a
conflict of interest. Because there is a real need to reassess how that is
determined in ICANN councils.

Karl, yet again exhibiting his best form at synthesizing information,
linked the regulatory idea now empowering ICANN to the
Reaganite/Thatcherite view, which merely reprised the enabling framework
for the predations of the British East India Company and Leopold of the
Belgians. To the American polity, conflicts of interests are closely
coupled to the idea of lobbying; declare it and it passes the smell test.

Elsewhere in the world, that polity deems that same behavior as
bribery, before and after the fact. Go figure.

Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*