[At-Large] Inside the World Wide Web Consortium, where the world's top engineers battle over the future of your data.

Hank Nussbacher hank at isoc.org.il
Wed Jul 14 04:39:09 UTC 2021

On 14/07/2021 06:39, Dev Anand Teelucksingh via At-Large wrote:

Dev,

Thanks for sharing that article.  I was unaware of the privacy battles
raging in the W3C.  One quote I found particularly interesting:

"One concern shared by both Rosewell and the people who disagree with
him is that the W3C's membership fees and the time commitment these
conversations require make it so giant companies with thousands of
employees can pack W3C groups with members and float endless proposals,
while smaller companies or individuals working on these issues part-time
struggle to keep up. "

I recently found a similar "hi-tech company eco-system" within the CA/B
which controls all the certificates and rules in regards to certificates.
Want a brief introduction into an area that the Internet community
whether it be ITU or ISOC has overlooked, then read this blog post I
wrote a year ago:
https://www.iucc.ac.il/en/blog/internet-certificates/

Unfortunately, ISOC doesn't exist in this eco-system where its voice
should be heard.

Regards,
Hank