[At-Large] invitation to a session highlighting Youth and Internet Governance in the Netherlands, 2 June 2021
adam.peake at icann.org
Mon May 31 21:08:11 UTC 2021
I hope this session during prep-week for ICANN71 will be of interest.
ICANN Community Focus: The Netherlands, Youth, and Internet Governance
Wednesday, 2 June 2021, 11:30 – 12:30 UTC
The session will highlight the activities of younger Dutch Internet community members, telling their story of how they got involved, what they've done, and where they are now.
Nadia Tjahja, United Nations University – CRIS
Gül Akcaova, SURF.NL
Auke Pals, GÉANT
Maarten Simon, SIDN
Gergana Petrova and Chris Buckridge, RIPE NCC
Ergys Ramaj and Siranush Vardanyan, ICANN
Moderator: Chris Mondini, ICANN
The session will highlight younger Dutch Internet community members, telling us how they got involved in Internet governance and Internet policy, what they've done, and where they are now. Speakers will discuss the help and mentorship they received on their journey. Representatives of Internet technical and policy organizations will join to discuss how younger people are encouraged and supported to participate in their respective organizations, and in other programs. The goal of the session is to identify good practice examples of mentorship in Internet technical governance and policy.
To register for the session:
If you have not attended an ICANN meeting before you will need to create an account, if you have an account you can go direct to the ICANN71 registration page. This process is so we can send you secure Zoom session invitations.
When you have registered, please go to the schedule page, see the session "ICANN Community Focus: The Netherlands, Youth, and Internet Governance" in 2 June. Click the plus button, Add To Agenda and you will be signed up.
Please note, once you register:
1. You will receive two confirmation emails within 5-10 minutes.
2. Click on the log in link in the email invitation to join the schedule website and mobile app.
* After you are logged in, [click here] for session details.
* Click “Add” to keep the session on your personal agenda. After adding the session, it will automatically send you an email reminder notification 25 minutes before the session start time.
* Participation links will not be posted until 24 hours prior to the session start time. However, you can add this event to your personal calendar with the attached .ics calendar file. Click on the first link in the invite, to open the session details, and up-to-date participation links when posted.
Thank you and see you on June 2nd!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the At-Large