[At-Large] ICANN68 to be a virtual meeting

Dave Kissoondoyal dave at igf-mu.org
Tue Apr 14 08:33:57 UTC 2020

I join Greg, Holly, Natalia and others and agree with Olivier

It is a big challenge to cope with the day jobs and at the same time
attend the virtual meetings

Kind regards

Dave Kissoondoyal

On 14/04/2020 09:59, Greg Shatan wrote:
> Agree with Olivier 100%.
>
> A virtual meeting is a shadow of a F2F.  What we miss at an F2F is not
> merely “fun”, it is the best opportunity to solve difficult
> cross-community/sector problems, and to build the relationships that
> provide the basis for trust to solve these difficult problems.  Even
> the fun is in part useful fun.
>
> While work does get done at a virtual meeting, it’s hardly even a
> meeting. For me, Cancun was more like a 7 day long conference call
> “sprint”, while still being expected to keep up with your day job and
> do the dishes.  Some might call that Hell.
>
> It’s too early to say what the New Normal is. For the next 12-18
> months, we will be in the New Abnormal, not knowing what lies in the
> other side.
>
> Greg
>
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 5:52 AM Matthias M. Hudobnik
> <matthias at hudobnik.at <mailto:matthias at hudobnik.at>> wrote:
>
>     +1 Glenn,
>
>     Happy Eastern!
>
>     Best,
>
>     Matthias
>
>     _________________________
>
>     Ing. Mag. Matthias M. Hudobnik
>
>     matthias at hudobnik.at <mailto:matthias at hudobnik.at>
>
>     http://www.hudobnik.at <http://www.hudobnik.at/>__

Thanks and best regards

*Dave Kissoondoyal, **MBA, ACMI*

President

*Internet Governance Forum Mauritius*

www.igf-mu.org <http://www.igf-mu.org/>

1st Floor, NG Tower, Wall Street, Ebene, Mauritius

Phone: +230 5291 4022  Fax : +230 677 8059    Mobile : +230 5257 8703

Email dave at igf-mu.org <mailto:dave at igf-mu.org> | Personal Page
<http://www.kissoondoyal.com> |http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauritius |https://www.facebook.com/InternetGovernanceForum/

The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments hereto, is confidential information intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
communication in error, please contact the sender at the information
provided and return any and all copies of this communication to the sender